• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ben Marshall

Ben Marshall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:31 PM

Forgive me if my interest sounds morbid, but I'm an Australian writer researching the death of Wilson Bentley. Would anyone know the circumstances of Wilson Bentley's death? I know only what I've read in H2O - A Biography of Water, by Philip Ball, which refers to Bentley's "untimely end, when, after wandering through a blizzard, he contracted a fatal bout of pneumonia." How did such a remarkable man, so experienced in mountain, weather find himself in a blizzard for such time as to bring about a pneumonia? Was he researching some aspect of snow, or was he simply going from A to B on foot?

Again, my apologies if this interest seems morbid, but it is relevant to a respectful piece I would like to write about the man.

#2 pawolf

pawolf

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:21 PM

Yes it is true that Bentley did "after wandering through a blizzard, contracted a fatal bout of pneumonia." After walking home from a train trip from Burlington with "no rubbers on". More details can be read in Duncan Blancherd's book "The Snowflake Man", starting on page 214.

WBDA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users