• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scottcrocker

scottcrocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:18 AM

I have quite a few pictures taken by Bently . They are passed down through my family for over 100 yrs now. My great grandpa was credited with making Bently known in the rest of the world. Henry Crocker was his name, a baptist minister.
His son Henry F Crocker wrote the Vermont Yearbook for many years and was partners with Lawton Crocker in the business of mapmaking in Chester Vermont.
I have an obituary of my great gramndapas, it says he had the largest private collection of Snowflake Bently photos, these must be some of them. They have lived in a cigar box with an 1898 tax stamp on it and are in great condition.
The vermont first website tells of the relationship Henry Crocker had with Bentley.
Anyway,,, are these valuable or just novelties? I really dont know what to do with them. Im being told that I need to take them to a museum curator. Im told there is a Smithsonian exhibit as well.
Any input woul be great! thanks....

Scott Crocker...... wirejockey@hotmail.com

#2 Brianel

Brianel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:22 AM

Very nice post with a ton of informative information. I really appreciate the fact that you approach these topics from a stand point of knowledge and information
instead of the typical “I think” mentality that you see so much on the internet these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users